We see many people who are fed up with low returns on CD’s or money market savings accounts put their money in the stock market. Stocks are a convenient investment. You can buy them from your home and easily track them over the Internet. And most of us hope and pray that their value will go up.
Honestly, stocks are a gamble for most amateur investors. They lack the insight and research needed to play the market right and the performance of their investment is completely out of their control.
Investing in land and acreage for sale may seem out of reach for ordinary people. Not so! You may be surprised for how little money you can buy acreage for sale and how easy it is to close.
Many studies have shown that land is the most stable real estate investment around. Even though the value of land dropped in recent years. Over time land is a very stable investment that protects your money from inflation and the ups and downs of the stock market.
Here are 5 reasons why you should sell your stocks and invest you money in vacant land:
- Historically, land has increased in value most of the time. There’s only a limited amount of land available. As the population grows it becomes a shrinking commodity. The less there is, the more the price goes up.
- When you own land you have tax benefits, such as deductions, property tax help, possible conservation easements or a 1032 tax-free exchange.
- Some vacant land creates passive income for its owner. You can sell the timber that grows on your land, you can lease your property for farming or – if its recreational land – for hunting, or you can get paid to have a wind mill or cell tower installed.
- Timberland has yielded returns between 12% and 14% a year since the 60′s. In 2007 the ROI was more than 17%.
- You can enjoy the land while you own it. Just think about hunting, ATVing or camping. While stocks are simply sitting in a safe (actually they are just a number on your portfolio managed by your broker), you can set foot on your land, hunt, drive your ATV, camp with your family and enjoy the outdoors.
Investing in land allows you to earn decent returns with many residual benefits you simply don’t get in the stock market.
Do your research before you sign a contract for acreage for sale and buy for the long term, say 5 to 10 years. That’s the way to make a nice profit with less risk than investing in stocks.
Finally, you can buy vacant land below market value if you buy from us. As a land wholesaler we search for discounted acreage for sale all over the country. And because we buy well below market value, we can give a large part of these discounts to you, eour buyers.